Thread: Reducing size of video

Default Reducing size of video

I want to put up a short video on You Tube but now it's finally edited it is 30
    Mb whereas the site only alows 10Mb. Apart from even more drastic cutting is there a way to reduce its size say by losing quality?

if you dont want to compress it even more, and you dont want to cut bits out then the answer is no.. I would suggest hosting it some where else like putfile.com which allows for bigger files...

^^^ edit - I assume you compressed it somehow - if not, just encode it at a lower bitrate - it will reduce the quality but will be a smaller file..

Once you have exported the video, import it into Windows Movie Maker and save it as movie file then the size will be reduced alot! It will also be WMV. Unless its already WMV and its 30mb.

Depending on the type of movie you are trying to upload, will have a direct bearing on the file size. Normally the rule is if there is lots of movement, like sports movies etc will take longer to encode and will be of greater file size. Try converting it to Flash video.