Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a good site to find Royalty Free stock footage for free?

Default What is a good site to find Royalty Free stock footage for free?

I have honestly looked at hundreds of different sites and they either cost hundreds of dollars, or they have very low resolution content. Do any of you know of a site that has 100% royalty free videos that I could download? Thanks, this would be a huge help.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/calc/radio1/

^^there you go.. this is about the only thing I think your find for free though.. are you using it for personal use or for a job...

I dont understand why people are so concered about copyright if its just for a personal project..

hope that helps

Blog Entries

I agree, I have oten 'sampled' from films and for personal use there is no problem. I most definitely wouldnt do it for any 'real' work.

Quote Originally Posted by innocent_bystander
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/calc/radio1/

^^there you go.. this is about the only thing I think your find for free though.. are you using it for personal use or for a job...

I dont understand why people are so concered about copyright if its just for a personal project..

hope that helps

Tried it, and got this message "Sorry, you've been declined because our system shows that you are outside the UK."

Quote Originally Posted by moldytoaster View Post
    I have honestly looked at hundreds of different sites and they either cost hundreds of dollars, or they have very low resolution content. Do any of you know of a site that has 100% royalty free videos that I could download? Thanks, this would be a huge help.
    There are actual several stock footage companies that offer a free clip when registering for download just so you can try the quality of their footage. I know of a couple that if you register to receive their free enewsletter you can get a free download (some on a monthly basis).

If you would like more info on these companies (and I do have 3 or 4 that I can direct you to), feel free to contact me directly.

Julie Hill
    jhill@artbeats.com
    Artbeats. Your Creative Footage Resource

Blog Entries

Juilie, more than happy for you to promote your site by helping out our members, but digging up a post from 2 years ago is a tad spammy. Naughty Julie!

Oh my word, I am so embarrassed. I did not even see the date until you pointed it out. I am really sorry about that everyone. Plus the only reason I asked them to contact me personally is because I thought it would look spammy if I listed 3-4 different companies that have stock footage not just us. So much for that!

Julie Hill
    jhill@artbeats.com
    Artbeats. Your Creative Footage Resource

Default Free stock footage sites

The stock footage industry has gone through some major changes since 2006.

Most sites give away some free footage as samples. I certainly know of some that give away both HD stock footage and animation to all registered users.

I think a forum is a difficult place to capture and maintain this kind of information. What would be really useful would be a webpage containing a table of what each online stock footage company provides, how many free clips, how often they change them, the resolution (SD, HD, etc) and whether or not subscribing to a newsletter is needed. Even better would be an RSS feed for when new companies are added to the table.

C

XStockvideo - Stock Footage for Free also offers some HD free footage

Here is a chance for some free stock footage. I have authored a stock footage product available in the Mac App Store, NYC for Final Cut, and it dispenses HD stock video of Manhattan. I'm giving away some promo codes for free copies to those who would like to try it out. We are looking for feedback on the application. You will need an iTunes account and Mac OSX 10.6.6 or higher to see the mac app store. Email me, thru my profile to get a code. Thx, Kari.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast