Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Pilots fly over Cabezon Peak (7,787 Feet)

Default 4 Pilots fly over Cabezon Peak (7,787 Feet)

I used 3 cameras mounted in various location of my flying Ultralight to capture this one. A pilot introduction was added along with a hint of humour. I green screened my son into as the Ground Controller as well in places.

Under the "add comments" button, there is a link to a smaller version of this file. The main file is big, but there is no comparison with quality.

http://www.emuvideo.com/videos.php?page=trike20060812

Cheers,

Damien

Very nice, so nice i watched it twice, cracking shots there.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Really good work, wish i had the balls to fly one of the thingys. One question what are those holes in the ground all about, how are they formed ect. They look pretty wierd.

Great vid though, your son is becoming an internet legend
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Blog Entries

T'riffic video. I really liked the style, commentary and images.

Two minor, niggly little points which will get me slated for nit-picking and GOGing (Grumpy Old Git) but... In the voice-over you were "popping" a bit on the "P"s and "b"s. Listening though headphones it was very offputting. Secondly (my personal opinion) the kid is a gag which grows old quick. It was funny and cute at first but I found it wearing on the third and subsequent occasions. Just my opinion and there'll be dozens who find it "aaaah sweet" I just ain't one of them, gimme more scenery, action or flying instead.

Having said that... way, way up there in quality. Thanks for showing us, I really enjoyed it.

yeebsy - thanks!

FNG - I believe the holes are dried up geyesers. They are at the base of a volcanic mountain that has many hot springs. at one time, water boiled up and popped them out, like a big pimple!

The Guru -> For the P's and B's, must work out how to dull them. I use a new mic which is much better than the old one (but it is a $20 mic, so it ain't the best quality). If you have any ideas, let me know. I edit using Premiere Pro. I can understand from a "non related persons" perspective in terms of the kid, but he's got a permanent role now. Its a fun way of documenting both my hobby and child together. My wife and family just love it, so I earn full approval for spending so much time editing - and thats something I can't argue against! If ever I was to do a commercial production, then that would be a whole different story. Glad you enjoyed it! I have a few trips on the horizon for Autumn/Winter that I look forward to documenting.

Cheers,

Damien

What is the neame of the song playing at 2.20?
    http://balukmagic.com
    taking impossibility to a whole new level

Baluk - Gladiator Movie Soundtrack by Lisa Gerrard.

Cheers,

Damien

Blog Entries

That was a very complete video, flowed well.

I liked the introduction to the people at the start but a bit more about the sport would be interesting to me.

Not sure about the kid gag being used again. It was well done and fitted in your other video.

The v over was inforamative but the p and b sounds were noisy - try recording differently. The good thing about the v over was the lack of any distracting room acoustic but maybe the mic was too close to your mouth. I record voices using a senn sm58 held below the spaekers mouth so the 'exlplosive' voice sounds dont sound 'windy'.

Criticisms are picky here, overall it was a well put together and eminently watchable piece with no excuses needed.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

To avoid the "popping" on the voice-over. Move the microphone a bit further away from your mouth and put a foam windbreak over it. Failing that, you can get a wire coathanger, bend it into a sort of circle/square, stretch a stocking over it, and when it's placed between the speaker and the microphone, that will cut down a lot of the popping. (or you can buy a ready-made thing from most "Radio Shack" or music shops for about twenty dollars).

It'll make a huge difference.

I must repeat though... an effing good video, really cool.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 08-24-2006 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks Damien!
    http://balukmagic.com
    taking impossibility to a whole new level

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast