Thread: Some Random Fun

Default Some Random Fun

Now i know a bunch of you have seen some old work i did called the insano show which was and i quote"utter trash" it had the jokes but the production and editing was zero. Now i took one of the skits in it and redid it. It was the skit nigga stole. Now i can say the camera work is ok but it definitely could be better. I think you all will get a kick out of it.

We are ready to shock the world

2. Default

sorry man its still pretty crap.... it a bit too offensive in my opinion. compaired to the last version its improved slightly but the action is slow and the continuity between shots particulaly characters looking at each other is way off.

your stuff is getting better tho, maybe you need to work on the content as well

hmmmm i didn't think it was that offensive but eh oh well. And i'll keep that in mind about the camera angles.
    We are ready to shock the world

4. Default

you had someone acting as a special needs person just for comic effect..... thats pretty offensive.

Blog Entries

Comedy is very difficult and by it's nature it is often experimental, there is this line you have to walk - one side is funny, the other is sick / offensive.

I try to get close to that line and enjoy crossing it, but you have to cross it carefully or everyone will say 'WRONG'.

The special needs gag is a joke well past it's sell by date. Thirty years ago we locked up such people and mockery was considored fair, now it just looks cruel and it adds little to the sketch.

The 'nigga stole' idea walks very close to the line and because it makes people cringe a bit I think it works. It plays with our prejudices well.

As for the video, getting better all the time but this was maybe a bit long. Panning shots need to be smooth and slow - too fast and they judder.

Keep it up guys.