Thread: 2 vids

Default 2 vids

hi there, i'm new to this forum and have decided to post up two of my videos i have made, both totally different styles.

the first is the piece i made for my AS level coursework, which i achieved full marks for Because of this i have decided to quit my current 6th form and have been accepted into college to study film prouction.

you will have to excuse the acting lol, it was not marked on this! also i am a student so naturally have little money, so am only using windows movie maker atm. there is also a little camera shake and poor lighting at some points, again due to lack of equipment

the second vid is totally different. as i am a car lover and heavily into the UK car modification scene, i went to this years Max Power Live and decided to make a video. again, windows movie maker is used so don't expect any spectacular visual effects, but i make use of what ive got!

*note max power was posted up by a mate, so all of the other videos under his name were done by him, not me

cheers, any feedback will be great!

Blog Entries

I think there are some nice touches in the first one. Real hammy acting of course, but that aside the angles are pretty well thought out, it's pretty creative and not at all bad. Keep it up boys! Just goes to show what you can do with WMM too... Well done!

thanks mate apriciate that a lot!

bump

Just watch the 180 degree rule when filming a conversation. (at the doorstep for example). I liked the drop og the drugs onto the table.
    Visit my website at www.still-in-motion.co.uk

I like the quickness of it, and the variety of angles, also “put your seatbelt on” that was good…

Blog Entries

Well - I think you should be very proud of yourselves for making that (the drug deal one). The story was interesting, the shots were clever and it was well paced.

Drama is hard, but all the basics stuff was there and worked for me.

The acting was dire, but the kiddo with black spikey hair was good at tiems, but it still worked as a spoof.

Personally I would have used the old rover (seen briefly) as the get away car. I like the gag at the end, finishes it off nicely.

Some of the shots would have been better on a tripod. Suggest using your camera in manual mode.

Will watch other later. Good stuff, very good.

edit

Just spotted your student status, clearly you have absorded all the stuff taught and put it to good use, it shows, except for the axis crossing in the doorstep conv as pointed out above.
    Last edited by Mark W; 08-27-2006 at 02:59 PM.