Thread: Adobe After Effects?

Default Adobe After Effects?

hello everybody, i have a choice to either install after effects 6.0 or 6.5, yes i kno they r the old versions but i tend to like the older versions like premiere 6.5 and photoshop 7.0 or 8.0.

i have already tried 7.0 and to me it was kinda slow, so i came here for your guy's opinions on the version.

so if anyone could reply i would really appreciate that.

2. Default

ae7 is fantastic. its got all the same as ae6.5 and much more. well worth installing.

Quote Originally Posted by komatoast
    ae7 is fantastic. its got all the same as ae6.5 and much more. well worth installing.
    I agree. Go with Version 7. I would suggest its only slow because your PC cannot cope.

hmm thx for the replies, well i dont think my comp is that slow, i mean i can have sony vegas, adobe premiere, music, photoshop all working fine at the same time

and when i mean after effects is slow, i mean the loading time and exiting time.

but anyway i think i might go for 6.5, i dunno why but i really like the older versions, even with premiere pro, i prefer 1.0 (7.0) than pro 2.0. o well thats just me

Newer versions of any programs, basically just mean the older program is now updated.
    Their still the same programs, just with the glitches ironed out.
    So to say you prefer an older version (definitely with adobe software) is strange

oh well as they say 'each for their own' I'm not dissing ya!

If you have 7 pro use that, if you only have 7 standard and 6.5 pro then use 6.5 or install both, they will sit on the same pc quite happily, the only little problem with that is anything done in 7 won't open in 6.5. It's a bit complicated but at least you can practice with 7 while still having 6.5 available for times when you need to crash things out a bit quick.

They are much the same to use and when you get used to the way the new interface works, 7 is actually a big improvement for work flow.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

well i dont have after effects 7.0, only 6.0 or 6.5.

i could get it through my cousin but i would really rather use 6.0 or 6.5 because with 7.0 u have to activate it right? and u cant use someone else's copy.

so i'll probably just use aftereffects 6.5 and maybe some plugins

Quote Originally Posted by johnny645
    well i dont have after effects 7.0, only 6.0 or 6.5.

i could get it through my cousin but i would really rather use 6.0 or 6.5 because with 7.0 u have to activate it right? and u cant use someone else's copy.

so i'll probably just use aftereffects 6.5 and maybe some plugins
    So basically you're ripping it off then and want us to help with your efforts? Respectfully, I suspect any future questions you have will fall on deaf ears here!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    So basically you're ripping it off then and want us to help with your efforts? Respectfully, I suspect any future questions you have will fall on deaf ears here!

what do u mean ripping it off? u mean like stealing from him or something?

my cousin offered it to me cuz he got it from a client and he doesnt kno how to use it

EDIT : now i get what ur saying. and the answer is no. i bought 6.0 and 6.5 and dunno which one to install. OR take an offer from my cousion on 7.0

thats all. i aint ripping software or getting cracks for it and stuff
    Last edited by johnny645; 08-23-2006 at 05:48 AM.

well i would say go with after effects 6.5

i use it and its great, i would get 7.0 but i spent all my money on photoshop CS2 and after effects

i got other programs through friends and relatives
    Desktop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 7.0, Adobe Photoshop CS

Laptop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 6.0, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0