Thread: Videostudio

Question Videostudio

Just installed it.

(Using XP, have plenty of disk space and RAM. The PC just had a complete clean-down by professionals. All other progs working fine. Have Norton running.)

Ulead Videostudio hangs whenever I try to import from any DVD. 'Not reponding' etc.

The import gets to 61% and just stops, and it's taking 100% of my CPU. Nothing works, not even 'end program'. Can't then eject the DVD from the dvie (have tried bith drives... E anf F.)

I have to reboot.

It's just not working. Not once.

Any ideas, please?

Blog Entries

You might want to try disabling Norton as a start.

Thanks.
    OK - did that. Problem remains.
    Import stalls at 61% and hangs.
    Tried another disc (home-made by friend - not copy-protected). Import progress bar went to 100% but then gave error message and nothing was actually imported.
    (I'm hating this software already.)

Let's roll out the old reliables... what is the spec of your computer? What version of Videostudio are u using and is it a fully working version of the software? You say the program hangs when you are importing from DVD? Are these DVD's one's you recorded using a camcorder or DVD recorder? You may need to finalize the discs in order for them to work properly when you put them into your computer, can you see files on them when you open them in My Computer? Have you got the latest version of Direct X or maybe you might need to download some new video codecs, I'm not 100% certain but I think I recall someone who had their computer cleaned out and some files were missing from it when they got it back, maybe I'm thinking of something completely different. And also switch off the screensaver if it is activated.

Machine: HP, new a year ago, 120Gb hard drive, 3000+ processor, 128Mb video memory.

Videostudio 10, new/packaged, registered this week.

DVDs causing probs are TV progs recorded by friends. Can see the files thereon in Explorer.

The problem might be the fact that your friends recorded the programmes on different DVD recorders and you can't access the files, they may use some sort of odd file system. Another thing is a lot of tv programmes now have encoding on them to stop them from being, I presume recorded a second time, if you see what I mean or copied onto another disc from the original, I think that's what I mean. If you can see the files on the disc, do they start with somethng like VTS_01_1.vob and are 1GB in size when you hold the mouse pointer over them, or do they have other letters?

Blog Entries

MIght be worth eliminating overheating as a poss cause. Try running something else for ages that pushes the cpu to 100 for 20 mins or so to check.

Default Hangs

I've had to fix this problem a few times and in all cases it was the PSU (power supplyunit) not pumping out what it should when its on load. A 430Watt unit for your spec is about right.

Your 'cleaners' should be able to prove this.

Ron