Thread: My Church's Video PC

Default My Church's Video PC

So, I've just been getting involved in my church's video ministry doing some videos for my age group (12-14) using Sony Vegas. It's a really cool program to use and I've made some pretty cool videos.

Anyways, I think they have a pretty nice system-

P4 Extreme Edition 3.8 ghz
    2 gigs of ram
    2 Radeon x1600 video cards
    2 19" Lcd's

This thing just tears through everything. Comments would be nice.

Berkshire, UK

Looks like a well-specced PC to me, especially for SD editing. I agree with you about Vegas, a very capable and good editor. I never really got to grips with it's interface (I think Vegas 5 was the last version I used) but I definitely appreciated its power under the bonnet. It's audio editing functionality was incredible (waaaaaaay too much for me lol)

Good stuff!

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources:, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Bournemouth, UK

Nice machine!!! Looks real powerful.

I tried very hard with Vegas for the full 30 days and could not get used to it. I guess I'm too long in the tooth to change. Stick at it, even though I didn't like it, the power of the program was obvious, and it sounds like you're already getting to grips with it.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production