Thread: Camtasia

Default Camtasia

So here is the deal. I am looking for some software to replace Camtasia for light video editing. I really only like Camtasia for its ability to create multiple AVIs from my markers. I wouldn't mind Camtasia so much, but for some reason I can't get it to work with the FFDSHOW codec I am trying to produce with (MP4 V2).

Does anyone know of a fairly simple type editing software that will create multiple files depending on markers I set, like Camtasia? Money isnt' an issue......

Thanks in Advance!

most pro style editors will allow you to export an area of interest (I think this is what you mean by markers) Camtasia has limited editing capabilities and in my experience can become quite unstable, once you move away from camtasia you will probably find more efficient ways of doing things.

If money is no object then best to download 30 days of Premiere(elements and pro) or sony vegas. I think you will get better codec support from vegas, premiere dosen't really like anything other than standard codecs.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Thanks for the reply. I actually already own both Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas. I use them for when I have to do REAL video editing. I tend to like Vegas a lot more than Premiere.

What I was refering to about the markers is that in Camtasia I can go put 6 markers into a single AVI. When I go to produce that file Camtasia gives me the option to produce multiple files based on my markers. So in the end I have 6 AVIs created from the original. We produce files on sort of a massive scale.

I work in the convention audio/video industry. The product I am in charge of is capturing meetings in an AVI format and editing them down to single presenter files. This requires something that can work fast and allow me to create multiples from one. I would prefer to find something that can do a direct stream copy similiar to VDub, but would settle for anything that will just let me create multiple files from one.

Sorry for the novel.

It would have been nice to have known this in the original question ;o)

Vdub will give you batch output encoding, so edits can be made, and then during "save as AVI" just add the render to the batch output list, and then run the whole list when the edits are completed. (I'm sure you know all this anyway) but I'm not sure it would give you enough editing capabilities, as I don't how much editing you require.

Otherwise just use Vdub to convert all your clips from camtasia using batch processing, I know its another step but it gets you where you want to be.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production