THE CINEMATIC CD FILM2MUSIC COMPETITION - www.film2music.com
Earlier this year, composer Kubilay Uner released CINEMATIC, a CD with twelve tracks of acoustic instruments and electronic sounds that conjure up vivid images and evolving stories - music for the stories unfolding in your head.
Now he invites you to show the world what the music stirs up in YOU:
Which places do you visit?
What images do you see?
Where do the tracks take you?
CREATE A SHORT FILM TO THE MUSIC OF CINEMATIC
AND ENTER IT INTO THE
CINEMATIC CD FILM2MUSIC COMPETITION
Live action or animation - realistic or abstract.
Film or video - paper or flash.
Act it. Draw it. Dance it.
Any visuals you can imagine, but no other sounds besides the music.
A panel of internationally renowned filmmakers will determine one Grand Prize winner and two Second Prize winners:
• writer/director MICHAEL POLISH (Twin Falls Idaho, Northfork, The Astronaut Farmer)
• producer CLARK PETERSON (Monster, Behind the Smile, My Date with Drew)
• producer JACKIE GEORGE (Demolition Man, Richie Rich, Searching for David's Heart)
• producer/director JAMES C. HART (CSI, Chicago Hope, Medical Investigation)
• cinematographer M. DAVID MULLEN, ASC (Akeelah and the Bee, The Astronaut Farmer)
• animator/producer DAVE BOSSERT (Creative Director for Special Projects at Disney Animation; Fantasia 2000)
A WORLDWIDE INTERNET AUDIENCE will vote for the Online Audience Award winner.
• GRAND PRIZE: US $10,000
• TWO SECOND PRIZES: US $1,000 each
• ONLINE AUDIENCE AWARD: US $5,000
The Grand Prize winner will also get the opportunity for a personal meeting with veteran producer Jackie George (Demolition Man, Richie Rich, Searching for David's Heart). Additional meeting opportunities for the Grand Prize winner, i.e. with an agent from one of Hollywood's top agencies, are planned. Details to follow soon.
The winners will be officially announced and all winning entries (plus a selection of finalists) will be publicly screened at the official CINEMATIC CD FILM2MUSIC SCREENING & RECEPTION (January 2007.) Additional screening opportunities are in the works.
Registration $9 includes all music downloads.
Submit your finished film between now and November 1st, 2006.
(The sooner you submit and post your film online, the more time you'll have to gather votes for the Online Audience Award... so register now!)
For more information and to register, go to www.film2music.com
Click here to watch the teaser clip for the Film2Music competition
Please also share this announcement with everyone you believe may be interested: filmmakers, animators, video artists, etc. Thank you!