As a camcorder newbie, I just bought a Sony HDR-PJ30 camcorder and have a couple of questions:
1. When I plug it in, Windows assigns two drive letters: One called "PMBPORTABLE" that contains three directories ("MACMODULE", "WINMODULE", and "PMBP_Mac.app"), and a second drive as "Removable disk" that contains the JPG pictures and .CPI/.MTS files:
- What is WINMODULE? Some application I should install?
- Are CPI index files and MTS actual video files?
2. On an older XP host with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 2GB of RAM, and an Asustek M2N68-AM Plus mobo, how should I edit those AVCHD files?
- Should I first convert the AVCHD files into something less complex?
- Are there good, affordable applications for Windows that you would recommend?
FWIW, I just need to remove parts I don't need, add some text between each sequence, and join them all into a single movie.